The last year has undoubtedly turned all our self-care needs up to 11. Even if your self-care game has grown to match, you can still amplify the love by setting your intention. This self-care opening ritual is adaptable to your belief structure, so whether you like your life original flavor or extra woowoo-y, this can work for you.
Before you start, grab something that is grounding for you. It could be your favorite food, your SO's stinky shirt, or your cuddliest blanket. Anything that gives you good feels. You will also need a small piece of paper and something to write with.
- Find a place where you can focus without interruption, even if it's just for a moment. Close your eyes and take a few deep breathes. This wont take long.
- Experience your item. Feel it against your skin. Taste it. Take in it's beauty. Whatever makes sense.
- Ask yourself "What can I do for you today?" You may feel safe saying this out loud, or it could just be in your head. The answer could be something luxurious or entirely practical. There is no wrong answer. You already know what you need. Trust yourself.
- On your piece of paper write the action(s) you've committed to taking. You can write with as little or as much detail as you want. Fold the paper until it will fit in your pocket, and then write on the outside "For Me." Keep the paper with you while you do your task.
- When you are done, open the paper and receive your gift. Thank yourself. You're the best.